On the heels of Sony and PlayStation’s announce regarding their absence at E3 2019, we may now have the possible reasoning behind that decision, and oh boy, is it a megaton bomb. In a recent Reddit post on r/PS4 subreddit posted yesterday, user u/RuthenicCookie correctly predicted the announcement by Sony to miss the upcoming expo, and he seems to have […]
On the heels of Sony and PlayStation’s announce regarding their absence at E3 2019, we may now have the possible reasoning behind that decision, and oh boy, is it a megaton bomb.
In a recent Reddit post on r/PS4 subreddit posted yesterday, user u/RuthenicCookie correctly predicted the announcement by Sony to miss the upcoming expo, and he seems to have quite a bit of more information surrounding the announcement and its focus is on one thing: Sony’s fifth generation home console, the PlayStation 5.
While in the thread revolving around the correctly predicted announcement, another user asked u/RuthenicCookie if there is anything else he knows, in which he responded (warning: graphic metaphor is used):
PS experience returning, Most devs already have dev kits for ps5 ( Spoiler: It’s a monster), Sony prepping hard for ps5 and one of the reason for no e3 next year because they blew all their load this year and got nothing new to show next year (They want to show new stuff at psx)
When asked by another user if he/she should expect actual PlayStation 5 “stuff” at PSX 2019, and if the event will be a reveal event for the system, u/RuthenicCookie responded:
Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though
When asked to confirm the mid-2019 soft reveal by the same user, u/RuthenicCookie responded:
Remember the very first ps4 reveal ? Something like that but hey then again Plans might change
When giving a rebuttal by another user insinuating that if the company reveals anything regarding the PlayStation 5 around mid-2019, it could possibly kill their PS4 sales, u/RuthenicCookie responded:
They are almost at 100 million, It already ascendant immortality in Sony’s eyes
When asked to elaborate on the definition of monster when describing the PlayStation 5, u/RuthenicCookie replied:
4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster
When to touch on information pertaining to launch titles to the system, u/RuthenicCookie responded:
Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game and off course the main event
KNACK III BABY jk
While acknowledging the joke of another Knack installment, u/RuthenicCookie responded to a comment asking if the other titles would be cross-generation title by saying:
Can’t say for sure about Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding is still in polishing stage, Sony doesn’t want to make them ps5 exclusives because they advertised them as ps4 games the first times but then again all 3 games has no official release (Publicly) thus no preorder soo the plans might change
One user delved into speculation regarding specs for the system, thinking it could be on the performance visually of a GTX 1080/1080 TI with ray-tracing feature, along with 11.5 teraflops of power, 16GBs of GDDR6 RAM, and UHD Blu-Ray support, to name a few. He/she also hypothesized the price being at the $399 price point. u/RuthenicCookie responded by stating:
Only thing i can tell right now for specs is Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$
PS VR 2 on the other hand will have no breaker box this time around it’ll be inside the console
Another user asked for u/RuthenicCookie to touch on exclusives and their release timeframe, in which he responded saying:
Mostly on both but obviously going to be made for the PS5, Most developers already has the dev kit for ps5 and from what I’ve heard EA is testing Anthem on it
Edit : Anthem is a mess on This gen Consoles, Going to get delayed again
When asked to elaborate on the release schedule to multiple users, u/RuthenicCookie responded in the following ways:
March 2020 or November 2020
1.5-2 years from now, It’s coming out in 2020. They want March 2020 but might get pushed to November 2020
You still with me? While this should all be taken with the biggest grain of salt possible, the accuracy that the original poster had with the E3 announcement does lend him some credence, due to how specific of an announcement it is.
In sticking with the Reddit vibe of this rumor, let’s wrap this up with the “tl;dr” (too long; didn’t read) version of this massive rumor:
- PlayStation Experience is returning in 2019, it will be used as a massive blowout for the PlayStation 5, with the system getting a “soft” reveal in mid-2019 (similar to how the PS4 was first announced). The leaker does stress that like everything in the gaming industry, plans could always change.
- Release is looking at being 1.5-2 years from now, putting the system at a March 2020 or November 2020 release. While the leaker says the company would like to hit the March 2020 date for release, they will push to November 2020 to be ready for the holiday season.
- The system runs 4K/60 FPS consistent, at the same time.
- While he can’t for sure confirm that Ghost of Tsushima will be a cross-generational game, Death Stranding (which is in the polishing phase) and the Last of Us Part 2 will be. The company doesn’t want to make them PlayStation 5 exclusives due to their previous advertisement for the PlayStation 4, but all are being built for the PlayStation 5 (similar to the way the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was handle on Wii U and Switch).
- The leaker mentioned that EA is testing Anthem on it currently, and that the game is currently a “mess” on current generation console, and as a result will be delayed again.
- The only thing the leaker can confirm in terms of the hardware specs is that it is using a Ryzen 8 Core CPU.
- The price is currently set at $500.
- PlayStation VR 2 is mentioned as well. It won’t have a separate processing box, with all computing power being handled internally on the PlayStation 5.
Remember: these are by no means set in stone and should be taken at face value as RUMORS; but given the leakers current trend of very specific accuracy, this could potentially be big news down the road.
For updates on the speculation surround the inevitable PlayStation 5, be sure to follow us on Twitter at @BonusAccessory, and keep it locked in on Bonus Accessory.